What is Environmental Health (EH)?
Environmental Health Services is a professional multidisciplinary team in the Department of Public Health (formerly known as Preventive Medicine).
What we do...
Promote environmental health and safety through education, consultation, monitoring, inspecting and planning in response to present and future needs of Fort Bliss, WBAMC, and the public.
- We educate businesses, organizations, and personnel on proper food safety and sanitation practices.
Ex: Food Handler Course
- Teach & prepare deploying personnel on basic sanitation to maintain health
Ex: Field Sanitation Team (FST) Training
- Monitor mosquito activity and related vector-borne diseases, such as, West Nile Virus (WNV)
- Investigate complaints related to all pests, such as, bed bugs and rodents
Food Safety and General Sanitation
We inspect operations including but not limited to:
We also investigate food-borne illness complaints and outbreaks.
- Food Establishments (ex: Restaurants, Food Trucks)
- Schools/Childcare Facilities
- Physical Fitness Centers/Gyms
- Barber/Beauty shops
- Detention Cells
- Water Containers (ex: Water Buffalo, Camel, Hippo)
- Field Training Sites
*We collaborate with Veterinary Services Food Inspection (915-742-1539) to ensure a comprehensive program of food safety and defense.
Hazardous Waste/Regulated Medical Waste
- Oversee medical facilities for proper disposal of regulated medical waste (RMW)
- Consult installation on hazardous waste matters
- Conduct QA monitoring for drinking water, swimming pools, and field water sources
**For inquiries or complaints, see “Contact Us”