Each procedure has its unique set of risks associate with surgery. Most surgeries include the following surgical risks:
- Damage to the internal organs: bladder, bowel, blood vessels, pelvic organs.
- Allergy to medication
- Possibility of uncontrollable bleeding requiring blood transfusion.
- Risks of blood transfusion are allergic reaction and exposure to various viruses / bacteria that can be dangerous to your health.
- If any of the about occurs, your surgeon may make a bigger incision (cut) to repair the injured organs.
- Failure of the procedure requiring further treatment / surgery.
- Your symptoms / condition may not change or become worse after surgery.
Your surgical Provider will discuss with you in more detail regarding the specific risks / benefits / alternative to your planned procedure.