Current COVID-19 Risk Level: LOW - Click Here for WBAMC Policies

About Us


New hospital panoramic image


Welcome and congratulations on your assignment to William Beaumont Army Medical Center (WBAMC)! Every inbound Soldier needs a sponsor, especially when moving to another duty station can be a very stressful and sometimes confusing process; the sponsor is there to help alleviate any concerns you might have prior to arrival or when on station. After Soldiers are informed that they are on orders for Permanent Change of Station (PCS), they are required to attend a levy brief to generate PCS orders and receive post out processing checklists. You must initiate a DA Form 5434 in A.C.T. in order to be assigned a sponsor by your gaining unit. Please follow steps below:

  1. Access the A.C.T. at
  2. Click on the Sponsorship Tab and sub Tab for Form and complete sections 1, 2, 4, and 5.
  3. Leave section 3 blank for Gaining Installation to complete
  4. After you have completed all sections, please check (I certify) block below your rank in section 1 and save your form at the bottom of the page

Please ensure to list good contact information (phone number and email address you can be contacted at while on leave) and any topics, subjects, questions or concerns you would like additional information on (i.e. Education, Housing, Schools, Pets, Exceptional Family Member Program (EFMP), etc.).

Once your Request for Sponsorship has been received, WBAMC will assign a sponsor with similar MOS/AOC and demographics. Your sponsor will then contact you via email or telephone with additional information about your assignment, unit information (Department Leadership, Company 1SG/Cdr, Trp CSM/Cdr and Hospital CSM/Cdr) and the surrounding communities. We ask that you plan accordingly and keep in constant contact with your sponsor since he/she will be assisting you with your transition and getting settled in to your new duty assignment

Before departing your losing unit:

  • Request 10 days Permissive temporary duty (PTDY) on a DA 31 (Leave Form)
  • Complete DA form 5434 (blocks 1, 2, 4, and 5)
  • Ensure you have the name and contact info of your sponsor

Once arriving to Fort Bliss:

  • Contact your sponsor and sign into the Welcome Center Building 505.
  • If you were approved PTDY at your previous duty station, please ensure that you sign into the Housing office and get their stamp on your DA 31, or you will be charged Regular Leave
  • Housing office is located at T0070 Carter Road (Between Pleasanton and Carter Roads)
    • Monday - Friday 7:30 AM - 12 PM, 1 - 4 PM
    • Every 3rd Thursday of the month 7:30 AM - 12 PM

Contact Us


Appointment line: 915-742-2273
​TRICARE Nurse Advice Line:​ 1-800-874-2273

MHS Genesis Patient Portal image


18511 Highland Medics Street,
El Paso, Texas 79918
Locator map image

Need to Update Your Information in DEERS? Click Here