WBAMC Release of Information office continues to recover from extended turnaround times caused by changes in the medical charting system. The current average turnround time is 50 days.
The MHS GENESIS Patient Portal will eventually replace TRICARE Online (including the patient portal and secure messaging at this facility). But patients can still access it until October of 2024.
The MHS GENESIS Patient Portal is a secure website available 24/7 for access to your health information. The MHS GENESIS Patient Portal allows you to:
- View health information.
- Schedule appointments
- Communicate securely with providers.
- Request prescription renewals
- View notes from your clinical visits and certain lab/test results, such as blood tests
READ THESE IMPORTANT DETAILS before emailing your request:
Your records are emailed back to you in an encrypted link. That link only lasts 1 week. You should consider providing a civilian email and saving a copy in a secure location.
- You are given your medical records once every 365 days for free. Updates are free. Requesting a second copy within a year will result in a $6.50 fee, payable at: pay.gov/public/form/start/73038362
- Behavioral/ Mental Health requires its own separate request. You have to fill out a 2nd DD2870 specifying Behavioral/ Mental Health Records.
- Dental Records are also separate and requested through the Dental Department.
- You cannot request records for someone other than yourself, who is over 18, unless you have a Medical Power of Attorney.
- When requesting records from a deceased loved one, you will need a copy of the death certificate and submit an Affidavit of Representative Authority.
- We do not expedite any requests. Requests can take as long as 30 business days, depending on the circumstances. Incomplete or incorrect requests will result in a delay of your records being processed.
- You must fill out blocks 1-5, 6b, 6c, 7, 8, 11, 12,13 and 17.
- If you do not put your email address in section 17, we cannot email your records back to you and your request will be delayed.
- If filled out electronically, with a digital signature, your request is complete.
- If filled out by hand and signed with a pen, you must also submit a copy of a photo ID, NOT YOUR CAC CARD!
Click here to email your request to:
Supporting Documentation Required for Requesting the records of someone else:
In order to obtain medical records for someone other than yourself or your adolescent dependents, you need a medical power of Attorney. These have to be obtained at the JAG office on Main Post. In order to be able to request records for someone other than yourself, the POA must state you are allowed to request records. “Advance Directive” documents are not acceptable as proof of permission to request records.
If you have a dependent who is under 18, but not your biological child, we may require proof of guardianship.
For deceased patients, the patient's surviving next of kin (NOK) or a court appointed executor/administrator signs consent. A copy of the death certificate must accompany all
requests. Executors/administrators must show legal documentation appointing them to the position. DoDM 6025.18.
Civilian Provider Records
The Release of Information office at WBAMC is only able to release records that are currently in your chart. We are unable to retrieve records from outside facilities for you at this time.
If you were referred to the outside provider by our MTF, that provider is obligated to return copies of your records to Referral Management to have it placed in your Military Health Record.
If you saw a provider without a referral from our MTF, those records may or may not be eligible to be included in your military health record. In order to request that they be reviewed for inclusion in your MHR, you will need to submit them to your Primary Care Manager.
Third Party Requestors
William Beaumont AMC’s ROI office began 01/01/2022 aligning their medical record disclosure and delivery fees with the Texas Department of Health and Human Services guidelines. All 3rd party requestors, such as insurance companies and attorneys will be required to pay a basic retrieval fee, which includes the first 10 pages for $52.12. Depending on the number of pages, electronic records may be chargeable up to $94.24, plus materials and an additional $5.00 shipping if a CD is requested. There is also a $1 charge for affidavits.
Your records request and check payable to US TREASURY should be mailed together to our address below for us to begin the process of assisting you with your records needs.