HomeGetting CarePatient Administration & ServicesCorrespondence/Record Request

Getting Care

Correspondence/Record Request

Some records can be easily downloaded at home
Please visit www.tricareonline.com to download copies of the following:
DoD & VA Data

  • Medication profile
  • Problems list
  • Laboratory results
  • Vital Signs
  • Allergy profile
  • Encounters
  • Radiology results
  • Immunizations

READ THESE IMPORTANT DETAILS before emailing your request:

Your records are emailed back to you in an encrypted link.  That link only lasts 1 week.  You should consider providing a civilian email and saving a copy in a secure location. 
  • You are given your medical records once every 365 days for free. Updates are free. Requesting a second copy within a year will result in a $6.50 fee, payable at: pay.gov/public/form/start/73038362
  • Behavioral/ Mental Health requires its own separate request.  You have to fill out a 2nd DD2870 specifying Behavioral/ Mental Health Records.
  • Dental Records are also separate and requested through the Dental Department.
  • You cannot request records for someone other than yourself, who is over 18, unless you have a Medical Power of Attorney.
  • When requesting records from a deceased loved one, you will need a copy of the death certificate and submit an Affidavit of Representative Authority.
  • We do not expedite any requests.  Requests can take as long as 30 business days, depending on the circumstances. Incomplete or incorrect requests will result in a delay of your records being processed.

Click here to download the form!

  • You must fill out blocks 1-5, 6b, 6c, 7, 8, 11, 12,13  and 17.
  • If you do not put your email address in section 17, we cannot email your records back to you and your request will be delayed.
  • If filled out electronically, with a digital signature, your request is complete.
  • If filled out by hand and signed with a pen, you must also submit a copy of a photo ID, NOT YOUR CAC CARD!

Click here to email your request to:



More than likely, because you are no longer in the service, your records are now kept at the National Archives in either St. Louis or San Antonio. We highly recommend you reach out to them first before contacting our office here at William Beaumont.

Go to https://www.archives.gov/veterans

Contact Us


Appointment line: 915-742-2273
TRICARE Nurse Advice Line:‚Äč 1-800-874-2273
Don't forget to keep your family's information up-to-date in DEERS.