Current COVID-19 Risk Level: LOW - Click Here for WBAMC Policies

Getting Care

Medical Records FAQ's

Medical Records header image

To most, it would seem that Medical Records is one big department.  Actually, it I made up of many smaller departments, each with a specialty.  Some examples are Correspondence/Release of Information, Out-Patient records, In-Patient records and Coding.  Please see the information below on which department you need to contact for your medical records needs.  

Frequently Asked Questions:

How do I request my medical records?

Medical Records from WBAMC can be requested though our Correspondence/Request Records tab here:
When you want records from another facility, you need to contact that facility to see what their process is.

What if I need images of my x-rays, CT Scans, Etc?

Radiology images have to be put on to disks.  In order to get a disk of your images, you need to contact the Department of Radiology on the 1st floor, Main Hospital Building of WBAMC, Their phone number is 915-742-5275.

Does WBAMC release dental records?

We do not.  You need to contact your dental provider to find how to obtain those records.

What if I want records from my provider outside of the military system, put in my military health chart?

Per DHA regulation 6025, not all records you in your personal health record should be included in your military health record. 

If you were referred to an outside provider by your Military Treatment Facility, that provider is to send copies of your records to the Referral Management office.

If you saw a provider outside of the MTF independently, you must provide your Primary Care Team with those records for review and determination if they are to go into your Military Health Record.

What do I do if I am moving from Duty station to Duty Station? 

If you are a medical records professional from another Military Treatment Facility and you are requesting medical records for another active duty service member, then please follow these guidelines:

  • Ensure DD Form 877 is filled out as much as possible as in the sample provided.
  • DD 877 Example
  • If the patient is not active duty, but rather a dependent, or veteran, we will need a copy of their driver’s license to accompany the DD877.
  • Please email to and ensure you encrypt. We will not accept emails that are not encrypted.
  • Questions regarding this process can be addressed by the Outpatient Records office, 1st floor of WBAMC, just below the West Clinic Building.  Their Phone number is: 915-742-9494.
If you already PCS’d from Fort Bliss and are requesting your entire medical record, please ensure your current MTF follows these guidelines, OR you can go back to the homepage and try to request them yourself from the “Request copies of your medical records” link.

Contact Us


Appointment line: 915-742-2273
TRICARE Nurse Advice Line:​ 1-800-874-2273

MHS Genesis Patient Portal image


18511 Highland Medics Street,
El Paso, Texas 79918
Locator map image

Need to Update Your Information in DEERS? Click Here