Adult Immunization Clinic
To better serve our patients at the WBAMC Internal Medicine Clinic we are able to provide the annual Influenza vaccine and the Tetanus-Diphtheria and acellular Pertussis (TDaP) vaccine within our clinic treatment room. These vaccinations may be delivered during an appointment with your primary care provider. Walk-in Influenza vaccines may be available during peak season (October to December), please call the front desk to find out if this is available prior to your arrival (915) 569-1060
Additional vaccination needs are delivered through the Adult Immunization Clinic at WBAMC. You will need a consult from your primary care provider to be able to schedule your vaccination appointment. Depending on patient age and medical issues, our providers will commonly refer our patients to the Adult Immunization Clinic for the following immunizations:
- Shingles (Herpes Zoster)
- Pneumonia vaccine
- Human Papilloma Virus (HPV)
- Hepatitis B
- Travel vaccines
If you feel that you need one of these vaccinations, please discuss this with your PCM at your next visit OR submit a request to discuss this electronically through Secure Messaging or by telephone consult 915-742-2273.
The Army Vaccination Program was designed to promote the Military Biodefense Vaccine Program and meet the Department of Defense (DoD) compliance goals for these vaccines.
- To minimize the disease threat and promote global wellness by vaccinating eligible populations with anthrax, smallpox, and influenza in accordance with DoD directives.
- Support the DoD BioDefense Vaccine Programs.
- Anthrax Vaccine Immunization Program (AVIP)
- Smallpox Vaccination Program (SVP)
- Coordinate mass vaccinations for anthrax, smallpox, and influenza.
- Provide education and risk communication for AVIP/SVP.
- Monitor unit compliance rates in the Medical Occupational Data System (MODS)/Medical Protection System (MEDPROS) Immunization Tracking Module.
- Coordinate MODS/MEDPROS training for Ft. Bliss/WBAMC.
- Individual and Unit Medical Readiness (IMR/UMR) Statistical Reporting.