Warfighter Refractive Eye Surgery Program (WRESP)
If you have any questions or need help filling out application please contact our front desk at 915-742-7051 or come by our office at William Beaumont Army Medical Center/WRESP. We are located on the 2nd floor next to Ophthalmology.
Guidelines and Program Requirements
- Must have at least 6 months remaining on Active Duty Status
- Must be at least 19 years of age
- Must have 3 months stabilization at Ft. Bliss.
- No adverse Personnel actions pending: Med Boards, Flags or UCMJ
- You will need to be out of Contact Lenses a minimum of 30 Days prior to your initial appointment.
If you meet requirements
- Download and fill out packet.
- Make sure it is legible. Double check application to make sure all boxes have been checked. Incomplete or illegible applications will not be processed.
- commanders authorization form requires o-3 or above signature, O-2 and below require assumption of command orders
- Commanders authorizations expire 90 days after date of signature.
- PRK/LASIK for Airborne, Air Assault, Ranger and Special Operations Schools applicant must receive a waiver from the appropriate waiver authority
- For Ranger School, individuals should access Ranger Training Brigade at http://www.benning.army.mil/infantry/ARTB/studentinformation/medical.html
- Special Operations: Contact Ft. Bragg at (910) 432-2641 / 9698 to determine if you are a candidate for a waiver.
- We need a Glasses Prescription 12 months or older on file in AHLTA, 24 months or older if you are under the age of 21
- If you do not have one on file we will ask you to obtain one form an outside source (your previous civilian doctor)
Contact Lens User
You will need to be out of contact lenses a minimum of 30 days prior to preoperative appointment.
Failure to remove contact lenses 30 days prior to preoperative appointment will result in rescheduling of appointment. No exceptions!